Build a Prototype Igloo
We cannot build a real igloo but we would like you to build a small ‘prototype’ from sugar cubes. This would help us to know how many snow bricks we might have to cut for a real one!
- You must build your prototype on a piece of white A4 card.
- The circular base of your prototype igloo must be no greater than 10 cm in diameter.
- The entrance doorway must be no higher than 3 cubes.
- You may build a tunnel entrance to your igloo.
- You can only use the sugar cubes in your box.
- Estimate how many sugar cubes you think you will need before you begin and keep a record.
- Keep a record of exactly how many sugar cubes are in each layer of your igloo.
- Keep a record of exactly how may sugar cubes you use if you add a tunnel entrance.
- Calculate the total number of sugar cubes you used altogether.
- Present all your information in a table or chart.